Ballysimon/Burlington Warehouse Ops Manager
STL Logistics and Warehousing
This is a company that is in existence for over 50years and its purpose to provide our customers with intelligent, innovative Warehousing & Transport, distribution solutions, driven by service. The company is headquarters is located in Annacotty Business Park, Annacotty, Limerick however the company has multiple locations/depots across the IOI. STL work with a lot of multinationals across a number of different sectors.
We are currently recruiting for Warehouse Ops Manager
Purpose of the Role
The Warehouse Ops Manager will be responsible to ensure that the business meets the demands placed on it by its client/s for both the entire Ballysimon & Burlington Sites. In time this may expand to cover other areas of the business.
Reporting to the General Manager Warehousing and serving as a member of the wider Warehouse Management Team this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring that the team in all Ballysimon and Burlington Warehouses deliver the set plan while adhering to all the necessary SOPs and Health & Safety rules.
The Warehouse Ops Manager will split their time between both warehouses & the working hours require a degree of flexibility as the business is a hands on operations.
- Manage all the different areas under your control ensuring that we meet the customer orders in a cost effective manner.
- Monitoring and Managing the quality of service the customer is receiving;
- Run the department in a cost effective and efficient manner to generate a return on assets
- Produce daily/weekly operational KPI and management briefing reports
- Safely manage the department ensuring compliance with legislation and company standards.
- Set clear KPI’s for each employee in order to develop the team to their full potential.
- Responsibility for the setting the budgets for the year and the P&L of the business unit.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the department to ensure that the supply, quality of service are maintained in a cost effective manner;
- Follow the daily detailed plan while ensuring that you resources to deliver on it.
- Manage the health & safety of all employees and emergency systems, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Follow all SOPS for the areas within your control
- Provide leadership to your team, ensuring smooth day to day running of both warehouses.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with your teams & the wider organisation.
- Optimise the use of personnel, equipment and resources in meeting a demanding schedule
- Ensure that all the human resource objectives are met by ensuring that the training, assigning and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations and adherence to policies and procedures are carried out for both warehouses.
- Ensure that all records for your people are kept up to date and accurate for training and all other items identified above.
- Ensure efficient & effective use of warehouse space to include layout/future capacity requirements.
- Liaise with customers
- New business development
Skills and Experiences
- Previous experience in a Supply Chain or Logistics role
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve results
- Experience working within an ISO environment would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems (SAP, WMS)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Pervious People Management experience
- Financial and Cost Management experience
- Proven track record of achieving KPIs
- Proficient in all MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon Monday 7th February 2022